Talking to our preteens and teens about purity can sometimes be a challenge, but it is something that must be done. Kids grow up so fast and they are bombarded with so many inappropriate things in their preteen & teenage years. The Passport2Purity by Dennis & Barbara Rainey can be a life-changing weekend with your preteen.
We must talk to our kids about sex no matter how comfortable or uncomfortable you may think it is. I don't think keeping our kids pure will happen when we expect them to obey all of the rules perfectly. It must be a heart issue for our kids, they must want to protect themselves to remain pure. If we have a good relationship with our kids they will feel more comfortable talking to us about their struggles. The P2P is designed to be used with mother and daughter or father and son when they are preteens. The plan for the P2P is to getaway from home with your son or daughter to make the weekend more special. If that isn't possible you could make it a weekend at home or spread it out a little longer.
The P2P getaway takes you and your preteen on a weekend trip they will never forget. Everything is laid out for you and is very easy to implement. The weekend actually starts early for the parent, so they can get things ready and pray for their weekend. On Friday you will complete the first 2 sessions and on Saturday you will go through the last 3. There are things to follow up the weekend including devotionals to help your preteen remain pure.
The getaway kit contains:
- A Tour Guide for the parent- This softcover book includes checklists to prepare for the weekend getaway, and what to do on the days you are there. Plus chapters for each session with topics and questions to discuss.
- Travel Journal for the preteen with 25 follow-up devotions- This hard back journal is very colorful and fun with chapters for each session, and 25 devotions to keep your heart and mind pursuing purity.
- 8 CDs containing 5 sessions, scripture memory songs and MP3s- Each session has scripture memory songs, real life stories from teens and adults, and teaching from parents who have been there.
The 5 sessions cover:
- Beginning the Journey - Challenges, Traps, and Choices
- Running With the Herd- Friendships and Peer Pressure
- Ready For An Upgrade?-Changes in Him, Changes in Her
- Destination: Lé Pure- Setting Boundaries
- Crossing the Date Line-Seeing Dating Differently
~~ Coupon Code~~
Receive 25% off the getaway kit by using the promo code: PASSPORT.
Passport2Purity Social Media
Twitter: @FamilyLifeToday @DennisRainey @BarbaraRainey
Disclaimer: I received a copy of Family Life's Passport2Purity Getaway Kit Third Edition free of charge in exchange for my review. No other compensation was received.